Hudson Heights Weather

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Fire Guts Top-Floor Apartment at 255 Cabrini

At about noon today, a fire ripped through a top floor apartment at 255 Cabrini, a condominium building at the corner at 187th Street.  According to one of the dozens of firefighters at the scene, the fire began in a bedroom and no one was injured.

1 comment:

  1. According to the U.S. Fire Administration (a branch of FEMA), 33% of home fires in urban areas are caused by bad electrical wiring, overuse of outlets and related issues. The agency states: "During a typical year, home electrical problems account for 67,800 fires, 485 deaths, and $868 million in property losses. Home electrical wiring causes twice as many fires as electrical appliances." December is the most serious month for fires because of holiday lights and use of space heaters.