Hudson Heights Weather

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Eyesore of the Week (11/9/10)

No photo here.  I couldn't take one because (a) it was dark and (b) I might have gotten myself beaten up.  So use your imagination.

This evening I was walking home from the 190th Street exit of the A train, heading south on Bennett Avenue.  Near the corner of 187th and Bennett, two unpleasant looking characters exchanged some words (both between 25 and 35 years old, thug attire, smoking cigarettes).  After their brief exchange,  one headed north on Bennett and one headed south.  At that moment I stopped at 187th and Bennett to take a phone call.

The southbound character then stopped on the sidewalk on Bennett, just south of 187th Street, pulled down his pants and urinated against a tree, in full view of people headed home from the subway and the religiously observant headed to or from the synagogue on 187th and Bennett.

No comments:

Post a Comment